VIDOCQ Group – (2021 to now) – Partner Financial Crime & Global Security
National Bank of Canada – (2020 to 2021) Vice President Financial Crime & Corporate Security
Georgia State University – (2020 to 2021): Postdoctoral Researcher – Criminal Justice and Criminology Department
Georgia State University – (2020 to 2021): Research Associate in Cybercrime – Evidence-Based Cybersecurity Research Group
National Bank of Canada – (2017 to 2020): Senior Director Crime and Corporate Security
École Polytechnique de Montréal Technological University – (2017-now) Adjunct in Cybersecurity
Charles Sturt University – (2017 to 2019): Casual Sessional Staff Member (Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security)
National Bank of Canada – (2013 to 2017): Senior Director Corporate Security & Fraud Risk Management
University of Montreal – (2013): Lecturer Certificate Applied Management in Policing and Security
Desjardins Group – (2010 to 2013): Director, Investigations and Fraud Management.
Desjardins Group – (2006-2010): Section Manager, Fraud Prevention.
CIBC (2005-2006) – Manager, Fraud Detection.
Insurance Bureau of Canada (2005-2006) Project Manager, Crime Prevention (Contract consulting position)
Northcentral University (2016-2019): Ph.D. in Business Administration with specialization in Homeland Security and Leadership Policy, San Diego, USA. Ph.D. dissertation topic: Countering the Cyber Threats Against Financial Institutions in Canada: A Qualitative Study of a Private and Public Partnership Approach to Critical Infrastructure Protection.
University of Sherbrooke (2011): Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Longueuil, Montreal
University of Sherbrooke (2007 to 2010): Graduate Diploma in Management, Longueuil, Montreal
University of Montreal (2002 to 2005): Bachelors in Criminology, Montreal
Physical Security Professional – PSP (2016) ASIS International
Certified Cyber Crimes Investigator – CCCI (2015) International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators
Professional Certified Investigator – PCI (2015) ASIS International
Certified Protection Professional – CPP (2014) ASIS International
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – CAMS (2013) Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
Certified Fraud Examiner – CFE (2012) Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Certified Financial Crimes Investigator- CFCI (2011) International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators
Pomerleau, PL. (2019) Public-private partnerships: Port security. In: Shapiro L., Maras MH. (eds) Encyclopedia of Security and Emergency Management. Springer, Cham. https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-69891-5_292-1
Pomerleau, P. (2019). Countering the Cyber Threats against Financial Institutions in Canada: A Qualitative Study of a Private and Public Partnership Approach to Critical Infrastructure Protection (Order No. 27540959). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (2320957957). https://www.proquest.com/products-services/pqdtglobal.html
Pomerleau, PL., & Auger-Perreault, M. (2020). Fraud risk management: Using fraud analytics to combat external and insider threats. In: Shapiro L., Maras MH. (eds) Encyclopedia of Security and Emergency Management. Springer, Cham. https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-3-319-69891-5_296-1
Pomerleau, PL., & Lowery, D. (2020). Countering the cyber-threats against financial institutions; A public and private partnership approach to critical infrastructure protection. Springer Nature, Switzerland. https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783030540531#aboutBook
Pomerleau, PL., & Maimon, D. (2022). Evidence-based cybersecurity; Foundations, research, and practice. Routledege. https://www.routledge.com/Evidence-Based-Cybersecurity-Foundations-Research-and-Practice/Pomerleau-Maimon/p/book/9781032062761https://www.routledge.com/Evidence-Based-Cybersecurity-Foundations-Research-and-Practice/Pomerleau-Maimon/p/book/9781032062761
Dugas, C., Pomerleau, PL., & Maimon, D. (2022). Underground banking in Canada. In C. Leuprecht & J, Ferril (Eds.), Canada: The State of the Federation 2022. Financial Crime. Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press. https://www.mqup.ca/canada–the-state-of-the-federation-2022-products-9781553394648.php
2021 to now Partner at VIDOCQ Group
- Assisting VIDOCQ’S clients in growing their business and innovating while managing their risks and protecting their assets.
2020 to 2021 National Bank of Canada; Vice President Financial Crime and Corporate Security
- The Vice President Financial Crime and Corporate Security has five direct reports and oversees a team of 200+ employees. He is responsible for anti-money laundering and terrorist financing monitoring, carrying out internal and external investigations, protecting employees in Canada and overseas, minimizing operational loss and preventing reputational risks, modeling and data analytics strategies for both fraud and AML as well as participating in the crisis cell response.
2020 to 2021: Georgia State University; Postdoctoral Researcher – Criminal Justice and Criminology Department
- Conduct research in cybersecurity
- Currently working on a book on the evidence-based cybersecurity approach
2020 to 2021: Georgia State University; Research Associate Cybercrime – Evidence-Based Cybersecurity Research Group
- Contribute to the Evidence-Based Cybersecurity Research Group’s research on cybercrime
- Assist graduate students in their research projects
- Assist the group in identifying tools and best practices for the prevention of cybercrime
- Participate in conferences organized by the Evidence-Based Cybersecurity Research Group.
2017 to 2020: National Bank of Canada; Senior Director Financial Crime and Corporate Security
- The Senior Director Financial Crime and Corporate Security has four direct reports and oversees a team of 125+ employees. He is responsible for anti-money laundering and terrorist financing monitoring, carrying out internal and external investigations, protecting employees in Canada and overseas, minimizing operational loss and preventing reputational risks and crisis cell response.
2021 to now: Polytechnique Montreal Technological University; Online Adjunct Cybersecurity Management
- Lecturing a 15 weeks course in cyberfraud (Moodle platform)
- Introduction to cybersecurity management concepts in private companies. Key elements of various cybersecurity programs in a management context: understanding business needs and cost-benefit analysis. The role of the cybersecurity manager and the CISO, leadership skills (cyber leadership), risk management and the relationship with senior management. Management of a fusion center. Strategic planning, investment planning, security programs and human ressource management.
2019 to now: Polytechnique Montreal Technological University; Online Adjunct Cyberfraud
- Lecturing a 15 weeks course in cyberfraud (Moodle platform)
- The history of cyberfraud. Introduction and review of the methods used. Case study of favorable environments for cyber fraud: online banking, e-commerce, auctions, online games, etc. Phishing: presentation of techniques and practical examples. Review of prevention, detection, and deterrence measures. Introduction to authentication mechanisms. Introduction to the concepts of risk management and law supporting the prevention of cyberfraud. Model of trust and risk of reputation.
2019 to 2020: Polytechnique Montreal Technological University; Online Adjunct Cybersecurity Governance
- Lecturing a 15 weeks course in cybersecurity governance (Moodle platform)
- This course is designed to study the trends in information security and risk management. It also covers various topics such as investigation, law and regulations, compliance, information security models, operational security, physical and environmental security, security policies, standards, training and awareness, as well as how to build strategic plan and business alignment in cybersecurity.
2017 to 2020: Polytechnique Montreal Technological University; Online Adjunct Information Security and Risk Management
- Built a new 15 weeks course in information security and risk management (Moodle platform)
- Lecturing the 15 weeks course
- This course is designed to study the Information Security risk management process. Risk analysis: objectives, methodology, choice of tools. Analysis of business impacts. Classification of information about risk and how to carry risk analysis to ensure business continuity, adequate controls, and quality assurance.
2017 to 2019: Charles Sturt University; Casual sessional staff member at the Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security
- Marking assessment as part of JST 498 Foundations in Financial Crime.The subject is designed to promote best practice in fraud, financial crime, anti-money laundering, and counter-terrorism financing investigation, compliance and management in the private and public sectors. The subject provides the foundations for the study of the subject in the postgraduate programs. Students will examine specific financial crime offenses and the skills required for a successful investigation, prevention and management
2013-2017: National Bank of Canada; Senior Director Corporate Security & Fraud Risk Management
- The Senior Director has four direct reports and oversees a team of 50 employees. He is responsible for carrying out internal and external investigations, protecting employees in Canada and overseas, minimizing operational loss and preventing reputational risks.
2013: University of Montreal; Adjunct – Applied Management in Policing and Security (Part-time lecturing)
2010-2013: Desjardins Group; Director Investigation and Fraud Management
2006-2010: Desjardins Group; Section Manager Fraud Prevention
2005-2006: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce; Fraud Detection Manager
Volunteer experience & causes:
2015-2018: President ACFE Montreal Chapter (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and a premier provider of anti-fraud training and education
2015- January 2017: Director Certification Board ASIS Montreal Chapter (196)
- Responsible for training within the Montreal Chapter
2015-2018: Certified Protection Professional and Physical Security Professional Review Montreal Chapter (ASIS International)
- Teaching CPP & PSP Review for ASIS members who are studying for the CPP & PSP certifications from ASIS International